"Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore."
-André Gide






Thursday, January 14, 2010

Alive and Well

I've been all over Galveston Bay the last five days and have only spotted dead fish at one location in Upper Galveston Bay. It was limited to only mullet from what I could tell. Good news is I still haven't seen any dead game fish in the Galveston area. I measured the water temp as high as 53 degrees yesterday afternoon and by nightfall it had dropped to around 48 degrees. Me and Chris caught and release numerous trout and reds yesterday but almost all of them were undersized. If the weather continues to stay warm and water temps increase to normal winter time levels, fishing should pick up very soon. Let’s hope the warming trend continues.

Fishing since the front hit last week has been very slow, which has given me ample time to play with the camera...



Fish Kill: Mullet




Wedge Tail Relfection






Buoy




High and Dry



Low Tide


Oysters Anyone?


Sunset Buoy












Clear Water


Chris - "Hardest Hit I've Had All Winter"




Stomach Contents: 6" Mullet

No comments:

Post a Comment