"Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore."
-André Gide






Monday, March 22, 2010

Elite Angler and New Paintings

Ever since I first heard about the Elite Angler program I knew it was something I wanted to work towards achieving. Over a year ago I submitted all the paperwork and pictures for five different species but some of the fish were not accepted because I overlooked the rule that requires you to submit everything in less than 60 days after the catch.

I took me a lot longer than I expected to get the last species I needed but I finally got it a few weeks ago. I submitted all the information and receive my award this past week. Not a very hard award to achieve but very few anglers are aware of the program.

Elite Angler Award


You can find out more details about the program here...
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fishboat/fish/programs/fishrecords/rules/other_awards.phtml#elite


The five fish that helped me receive the Elite Angler Award...

16.5" Sand Trout


29.75" Redfish


24" Ladyfish


25.5" Speckled Trout


19.25" Flounder


While in Corpus Christi fishing a tournament this past weekend I picked up three new paintings I had my grandfather paint for me. I think they all turned out great.

Clear Water Redfish


The Five Boats of the Texas Coast


Fly Fishing the Flats

1 comment: