"Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore."
-André Gide






Wednesday, May 26, 2010

More Video

In this video Chris sneaks up on an oversized redfish with it's back out of the water. He made three casts in front of this fish's nose with his fly before it finally spooked. The fish barrels into my kayak and gets me all muddy and wet. What you don't see in the video is after I start paddling I hear a huge thud and realize that the fish is stuck underneath my kayak because we're so shallow. I grab my net and poke around under my kayak and the fish shoots off down the marsh pushing a wake the entire time. I've had many reds swim underneath and bump my kayak but I've never had a red get stuck underneath my boat before. I was completely shocked, so please excuse my language.



Chris spooks another red...

No comments:

Post a Comment