"Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore."
-André Gide






Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Testing New Waterproof HD Video Camera

This morning I got to test out our team's new waterproof HD video camera. I apologize for the shakiness and poor quality. It's going to take some practice learning how to film while trying to catch fish; I'm determined to improve. All the pictures and video posted below were taken on the new camera, a Sanyo Xacti XPC-CA9EX. I'm pleasantly suprised with this video camera. It takes excellent video as well as photos and the sound quality is great. It has more megapixels and a better optical zoom than my previous waterproof digital camera. I would also like to thank our sponsor Yak-Gear for providing the cameras and supporting our team.

Fishing was a little slow this morning. I found about a half dozen schools of reds but I had to cover lots of water (13 mi+) to find them. The fish were not concentrating on any structure, just free swimming in marsh ponds in water 1'-2' deep. The key to finding schools was to keep moving and look for birds hovering over a particular spot. All the fish I found were underneath birds. The birds also made things difficult by keeping the schools on edge and constantly moving. Topwaters were the bait of choice.















No comments:

Post a Comment